The New Jersey Charter School Purchasing Cooperative is a division of the New Jersey Cooperative Bidding Program ,administered exclusively by Educational Data Services in partnership with the NJEC. The NJ Cooperative Bidding Program is the largest and most successful program of its kind in the tri-state area. Participating districts receive the lowest prices on bulk supplies in the state.
In 2007, the NJ Cooperative Bidding Program was named Best Practice by the Institute for Educational Law and Policy (IELP) at Rutgers University – Newark and the NJ School Boards Association.
Through a cooperative bidding process:
- Schools outsource their bid-work and maintain total control of day-to-day purchases.
- Schools realize an average discount of 55% below catalog price and 32% below the Department of Treasury’s state contract price.
- Schools reduce administrative workload and soft costs.
- Schools gain workforce flexibility.
In addition to actual dollars saved, our proprietary web-based purchasing system provides:
- Schools valuable tools for fiscal accountability
- Schools an effective budgeting and reporting tool
- Schools detailed savings and expense reports
- Purchasing agents access to a web-based requisition system without the limitations of time and place.